flower background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Fun Activities in the Community

We spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in elementary schools in the poor communities measuring kids. My job is basically to make small children cry. I'm pretty good at it. This is Beth, Shea, Natalie, and I getting set up to poke fingers and test the kids for anemia.
After we took all the measurements, we had to spend FOREVER putting together all of the data so that Cassidy could present it this week. We were all very glad to have this project done.
I didn't make any kids cry on this day. That was kind of refreshing. I checked heights, weights, teeth and hair. I got to see my first real live lice nits! I was a little bit itchy afterwards.
Say Ah! You wouldn't believe the state of these kids' teeth. Some of them are literally rotted down to the gums. I am definitely not tough enough to be a poor Ecuadorian child.

No comments:

Post a Comment