flower background

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cuenca!

Yesterday, we drove about 10,000 feet up into the mountains to a city called Cuenca. It is a city with a lot of European influence, so it is very different from Guayaquil. The scenery was some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Definitely a day I will never forget.

Yes, those are guinea pigs. Here they call it Qui, and we walked all over Cuenca trying to find some. It wasn't so much the idea of eating guinea pig that grossed me out as the very unsanitary conditions it was cooked in. I didn't actually eat any, but I did watch how they get these things onto the spits so they can cook them over the fire. Seriously disgusting.

The flower market was amazing! They have gorgeous flowers in Ecuador, which is one of the biggest flower exporters in the world. I was pretty much in heaven. Look at the adorable Ecuadorian lady!


This photo is of Incapirga, the ruins of one of the main centers of the Incan empire. The ruins are a couple of hours from Cuenca.









No comments:

Post a Comment